Purpose of This Privacy Notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Home of Vapes collects and processes your personal information through your use of this website, or when you provide information in store, including any data you may provide through these channels when you sign up to our newsletter, or purchase a product or service. This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Changes To The Privacy Notice And Your Duty To Inform us Of Changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us. You can update your information at any time by amending your personal information within Your Details section of My Account at HomeofVapes.com or alternatively by clicking contact us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
- The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, gender, marital status, title, date of birth, email address.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
- Financial Data which does NOT include bank account details or card details
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, cookie ID’s, web log information, device identifiers and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services, your browsing activity including intended purchases and aborted baskets, completion of surveys, wish-lists, connection information and statistics on your visits to site and page views, the links you click and other actions you take on our services, within our advertising or e-mail content and participation in promotional activity.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal information in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal information which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice. We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If You Fail To Provide Personal Information
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- to process your order, to process any application for finance or subscriptions etc, to maintain guarantee records and to provide pre and after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide pre or after-sales service).
- to carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to our Identity Verification partner, who will check details we give them against public and private databases – this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions)
We would also like to inform you of various promotions, goods and services that may be of interest to you. You may be contacted by post, email, telephone, SMS or such other means as we regard as appropriate, including new technology. If you wish to receive these communications, please tick the ‘Yes’ box when entering your personal details. You may unsubscribe later, if you wish.
How is your personal data collected?
We capture, process and retain personal information from you and any devices you may use when you navigate to a Home of Vapes web or mobile view, by transacting, by registering an account and otherwise interacting with us. We may also collect personal information from you if you physically enter into one of our stores or attend an event. We may capture customer information, purchase data and browsing behaviour if you are part of a rewards programme with us. This is so we can optimise and personalise your experience with Home of Vapes. Some more examples of the different methods by which we collect information from and about you include through:
- Direct interactions – You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal information you provide when you
- Register or purchase our products or services through the site.
- Return a product;
- Apply to join a future rewards programme;
- Create an account on our website;
- Subscribe to our services or publications;
- Request marketing to be sent to you;
- Contact our customer service team;
- Enter a competition, promotion, survey or complete a questionnaire; or
- Give us some feedback.
We may allow you to share information with social media sites or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you and information about the advertisements you have been shown or may have clicked on). Where this information is received by us, we will use this information to further personalise your experience with Home of Vapes
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal information about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- Analytics providers such as Google Analytics and Google DoubleClick based outside the EU;
- Advertising networks based inside the EU and Google Display Network based outside the EU;
- Social Network providers such as Facebook based outside the EU;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as PayPal based outside the EU;
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators such as Experian based inside the EU;
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by accessing your account “My Account”, or by e-mailing or contacting our Customer Services team on firstname.lastname@example.org When you purchase vape products we check and verify your age. In performing such checks, your information may be disclosed to credit reference agencies such as Experian who keep a record of that information, but these are not credit checks and your credit rating will not be affected. We may contact you by email, phone, text, or SMS in relation to managing your account or the performance of our contract with you including:
- Delivery fulfilment, where we need further information from you;
- To give you updates in relation to your account, order or delivery;
- If you haven’t used your account in a while, to give you the opportunity to keep your account active, at this time we will remind you of the great benefits you may be missing out on. If we fail to hear back from you following three email reminders we will take steps to deactivate your account.
Purposes for which we will use your information
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal information, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. In general terms, we use the personal information we collect to help Home of Vapes better understand you and to enable us to personalise your experience with Home of Vapes, including offers, promotions and services to meet your needs. We use your information to:
- personalise our services, offers and promotions to you and provide you with a personalised experience on our sites;
- operate your online account;
- process your online orders
- offer you site content that includes items that you might like and to keep track of your basket;
- contact you about your account and tell you about important changes
- provide, develop and improve our products and services;
- provide you customer service;
- manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires; and
- check and verify your identity, and prevent, mitigate or detect and investigate crime, fraudulent or illegal activities;
- process purchases, payments, customer support and order fulfilment.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal information uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You can view and make certain decisions about your personal information use at any time at your account, or by e-mailing or contacting our Customer Services team. All of these options are available by clicking Contact Us.
Promotional Offers From Us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
Marketing Communications From Us
In general, you will receive marketing communications from us by email, postal mail, SMS, phone or social media if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. Home of Vapes is committed to transitioning over time the basis of its e-mail marketing communications to customer consent. To achieve this, we will be gradually transitioning our lawful basis for processing to consent and will do this in a number of ways and over a period of time depending on how you engage with us, and whether you are new to Home of Vapes or an existing customer or user of Home of Vapes products or services. If you have any questions about how we are lawfully processing your information you can request this information by emailing your request for this information to email@example.com.
Third-party Cookies Used For Retargeting
We have relationships with carefully selected third parties who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes – in other words to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in. This type of advertising is designed to provide you with a selection of products based on what you’re viewing on HomeofVapes.com, which are presented to you by our business partners when you visit other selected websites. The adverts may highlight products you’ve viewed, alternative styles and colours, as well as products from other categories deemed relevant to your browsing history. The technology behind these adverts is based on cookies.
Disabling these advertisements
We would like to continue to display content that’s relevant to you, however, you can choose to opt out of this type of advertising permanently by deleting our cookies. Please note that if you delete your cookies, we will no longer know that you have opted out, and the banners from our other providers from time to time will reappear when you visit other selected websites. You can request more details of our third-party service providers from firstname.lastname@example.org You can use your web browser to:
- delete all cookies;
- block all cookies;
- allow all cookies;
- block third-party cookies;
- clear all cookies when you close the browser;
- open a ‘private browsing’ / ‘incognito’ session, which allows you to browse the internet without storing local data; and
- install add-ons and plug-ins to extend browser functionality.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes at My Account to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or you can make changes by contacting us at any time.
The Right To Object To Profiling
Change Of Purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please Contact us. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law. Data Security – We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Data Retention – We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In addition, this includes that we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with legal requirements, prevent fraud and resolve disputes. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it securely according to our data retention and deletion policies. By law we must keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure in section Your Legal Rights Below for further information.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal information. Please see below to find out more about these rights; If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please send the completed forms to us to the e-mail or postal address with your proof of identity.
- NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED – You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a fee £10 if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU – We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND – We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You have the right to:
- You have the right to access and request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time.
- You have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
- You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if the information is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
- You have the right to object to direct marketing. You can opt out from each email instruction or contact us by email.
- We take data protection very seriously and our customer service personnel will handle your requests in relation to your rights stated above.